6 vegan sausages (we used Linda McCartney Sausages)
1 courgette sliced
1 red pepper cut into chunks
6 chestnut mushrooms sliced
1 small sweet potato, cut into small chunks
2 small carrots, sliced
1/2 cup sweet corn
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red chilli, finely sliced
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp cooking oil of your choice
- Cook your vegan sausages according to package instructions.
- Bake sweet potato at 200 C until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish on the hob.
- Next, pop in the onion, garlic and chili and cook for a few minutes until aromatic and the onions begin to soften.
- Add in the remaining vegetables.
- Stir through the tomato puree before adding the chopped tomatoes and passata, herbs, onion powder and balsamic vinegar.
- Pop the lid on top and turn down the heat. Let the stew simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Take off the lid and stir in the baked sweet potato and sausages and cook for a few minutes making sure the sausages are heated through.
- Serve with your favourite side dishes and enjoy!