- 2-3 large potatoes, peeled (approx. 600g)
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax seeds + 2.5 Tbsp water)
- 2 Tbsp gluten free flour
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives or herb of choice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper (or to taste)
To Serve: Smashed avocado, Oatly Crème Fraiche, lemon juice, Turmeric & Ginger Superkraut
- Mix your ground flax and water together to make a flax egg. Leave to set while you prepare the potatoes.
- Parboil your potatoes (it is easier if you keep them whole) for about 5 minutes or so. You want them to soften a little but be firm enough to grate. Once parboiled, drain and allow to cool.
- Grate cooled parboiled potatoes coarsely using a food processor or manual grater.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the grated potatoes, red onion, flour, fresh herbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a large bowl.
- Mix in the flax egg and stir well.
- Using your hands, scoop out small handfuls of mixture and form into little rounds on the baking tray. You might need to squeeze the mixture together to get it to stay in shape.
- For crispier Rösti’s, lightly fry them on each side before placing them in the oven to bake.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn each Rösti and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with smashed avocado, crème fraiche, squeeze of lemon and a good forkful of our unpasteurised sauerkraut – we've chosen our Turmeric & Ginger Superkraut to pair with this. Enjoy!