- 4 large portobello or flat mushrooms
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small stalk celery, sliced in half and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2" slice fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup pecans, well crushed
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Red Hot Firekraut
- Balsamic Glaze
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pop the stems out of the mushrooms and arrange the caps on the baking sheet.
- Chop the stems well and put them in a mixing bowl. Chop the rest of the veggies and add them to the bowl. Stir in the pecans.
- Heat a frying pan on medium and add the oil. Add the contents of the bowl to the skillet and sauté for about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in the soy sauce and fresh black pepper to taste.
- Spoon filling into each mushroom cap. Bake for 15 minutes. If the mushrooms are sticking to the parchment, give them a gentle twist to loosen.
- Serve with Red Hot Firekraut and balsamic glaze.