Fiery Black Bean and Jackfruit Enchiladas (vegan)
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Serves: makes 8 enchiladas
- 200ml tomato passata
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 4-5 sun dried tomatoes
- 200ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 peppers (we used orange and yellow), thinly sliced
- 150g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 100g Sweetcorn
- 1 tin jackfruit
- 1 tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- Large handful spinach
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 8 of your favourite tortilla wraps
- Cashew Cream (or your favourite Vegan cheese)
- Serve with: Extra cashew cream, mashed avocado, tomato salsa, lime juice and Red Hot Firekraut Superkraut
- Make the enchilada sauce first by blending all ingredients into a smooth sauce.
- Rinse and drain the tinned jackfruit chunks. Cut off the solid ends of the jackfruit chunks and chop finely. Roughly shred (the thready part) using two forks to pull it apart (it will soften more when cooked).
- Pour half the enchilada sauce over the jackfruit and marinade while you prepare the veggies.
- Heat a little oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 5 minutes or so, until softened. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add in the mushrooms and peppers and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the jackfruit (with the sauce it's marinading in) and the black beans.
- Stir. Cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes until the veggies and jackfruit have softened.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the spinach and lime juice. Let wilt for a few minutes.
- You are now ready to assemble your enchiladas.
- Pour half of the remaining enchilada sauce into a baking dish and spread it evening.
- Fill each tortilla wrap with the veggie mix, wrap up and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the filled tortillas.
- Top with a thick drizzle of cashew cream cheese or grate some of your favourite Vegan cheese and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the tortillas are nice and crispy on the top.
- Serve with mashed avocado, tomato salsa and top with some Red Hot Firekraut for fiery enchiladas.