Soup season is definitely still here . This is one of our favourite anti-inflammatory soups, which will warm you up on a cold night whilst helping support your immune system. Turmeric is known for it antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Top with a generous helping of our Turmeric and Ginger Superkraut for extra goodness.
Golden Turmeric Soup
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into florets
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into small chunks
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 litres of veg stock
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt & pepper to taste
Chopped spinach, coconut yogurt, lemon juice, chili flakes and Turmeric & Ginger Superkraut
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- In a bowl, add the cauliflower florets, whole garlic cloves and sweet potato chunks. Mix with 2 Tbsp oil, ½ tsp cumin and ½ tsp coriander. Stir together. Lay on a baking tray and bake for around 30 minutes, until very tender and the cauliflower is slightly charred.
- While vegetables are roasting, place a large soup pan on medium heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Add diced onion and carrot for a few minutes until the onion is translucent
- Add grated ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add vegetable stock, coconut milk and spices. Stir well. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the cauliflower, garlic and sweet potato have finished roasting, add to soup pan and stir. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Ideally leave the soup to cool, then blend with an immersion blender.
- Serve topped with chopped spinach, coconut yogurt, fresh lemon, chilli flakes and a generous helping Turmeric and Ginger Superkraut.