Spinach Falafel Collard Wraps with Turmeric & Ginger Tahini Sauce
You will need:
- Large collard leaves
- Shredded red cabbage
- Shredded green savoy cabbage
- Shredded carrot
- Sliced avocado
- Hemp seeds
- leaves (rocket, spinach, watercress, pea shoots)
- Spinach falafel (recipe below)
- Turmeric & Ginger Tahini Sauce (recipe below)
- leavers Turmeric & Ginger Superkraut
1 tin chickpeas
1 tin butter beans
1 red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
small bunch fresh coriander
small bunch fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
large handful of spinach leaves
1/2 tsp spirulina powder (optional for extra green falafels)
1 lemon, juiced
2 heaped Tbsp gram flour (any gluten free flour or plain wheat flour should work)
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until a thick paste forms. You may need to add a little water to help it along, if adding water try to use as little as possible, add in 1 Tablespoon at a time until a thick paste is formed and all ingredients are combined. You want a little texture in the mix, so try not to blend the ingredients completely smooth.
Turmeric & Ginger Tahini Sauce
1/4 cup tahini
2 large forkfuls Turmeric & Ginger Superkraut
2 tsp juice from the Superkraut jar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
Pinch sea salt
Pinch black pepper
Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- These wraps are super versatile - you can mix and match your veggies, seeds and fillings. Use whatever you like, or whatever you have in your fridge/pantry.
- This is how we roll: Take your large collard leaf and submerge into simmering water for 30 seconds. You can leave it in there for longer (40 seconds) if you want your greens a little softer. But don’t leave them in there for too long. Gently dab the dry with a dry tea towel. This step helps to make them more pliable and less likely to tear when you wrap them up.
- Lay your large leaf flat, spread a layer of Turmeric & ginger tahini sauce over the bottom. Sprinkle on some hemp seeds and layer up your veggies.
- Pop in a few spinach falafel, drizzle more tahini sauce and top with extra Turmeric & Ginger Superkraut.
- And get ready to get messy!