Throw It Together Super Salad
I like when lunchtime is made easy by throwing together a healthy salad and adding some of my delicious live sauerkraut to give it that probiotic boost. I chose Turmeric and Ginger for this salad bowl, but any of them would go. The natural sauerkraut juice/brine that is in each of my Superkrauts, adds great flavour. This is a great way to eat fermented foods.
When making my Turmeric and Ginger sauerkraut I tried my best to make it as fresh tasting as possible so you can enjoy eating healthy fermented foods regularly. It is also important to me that the sauerkraut I make is really nutrient dense, through using only natural, fresh ingredients that are good for you and provide health benefits.
Turmeric and Ginger Superkraut truly is delicious. It won the 'UK's Best Relish or Chutney' category at the UK Quality Food and Drink Awards 2019, beating off tough competition from much bigger companies.
This is a great way to use up whatever you have in your fridge or pantry.
Fry, roast or steam
Grate, slice or tear
Throw it together
Drizzle, dollop or pour
What we did...
- Roasted squash and potato with whole garlic cloves, salt and pepper
- Roasted yellow pepper and whole cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper
- Fried courgette, mushroom and garlic with balsamic vinegar, fresh coriander, fresh parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Fresh leafy greens - rocket, lettuce, kale, spinach, chard
- Grated carrot
- Chopped avocado
- Chopped walnuts
- Fresh chopped coriander and parsley
- Cashew cream cheese
- Turmeric & Ginger Superkraut
- Juice from the jar of Superkraut for a super salad dressing
Throw it all together in a large bowl and enjoy that feel good food feeling!