Vegan Pad Thai
- 250g rice noodles
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 x red onion, finely diced
- 4 x garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 x courgette, spiralised
- 2 x carrots, grated
- 1 x red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 2 handfuls broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 handfuls mushrooms, sliced
- 200g tofu, drained, pressed and cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
Creamy peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 5-6 pitted dates or 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Sliced spring onion
- Fresh coriander
- Chopped toasted nuts
- Red Hot Firekraut
- Soak or cook rice noodles according to package instructions and set aside.
- Blend all creamy peanut sauce ingredients together until smooth and set aside.
- Place the cubed tofu with the cornflour in a bag or lifted tub and shake gently to coat the tofu.
- Fry the tofu in 1 Tbsp of the coconut oil until lightly golden and crisp on both sides. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add the red onion and fry until soft.
- Add minced garlic and ginger, fry another few minutes.
- Add mushrooms and fry until browned.
- Add the tamari and the rest of the veggies to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. You want them to stay bright and crisp.
- Add the cooked noodles, peanut sauce, spring onion and fresh coriander. Toss gently to combine. Heat until warmed through.
- Serve with Red Hot Firekraut for a nice flavourful kick, chopped toasted nuts and a squeeze of fresh lime.