- Nori (seaweed) sheets
- Short grain brown rice
- Turmeric & Ginger Superkraut
- Raw beetroot, grated or sliced thinly
- Avocado, sliced
- Cucumber, sliced thinly
Serve with: Peanut Butter Turmeric & Ginger sauce or Tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
Peanut Butter Turmeric & Ginger sauce:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp juice from Turmeric and Ginger Superkraut jar
- Place one sheet of nori on the centre of a bamboo sushi mat. Wet your hands. Using your hands, spread a thin layer of rice on the sheet of nori, and press into a thin layer, leaving 1 inch free at the top.
- Arrange filling ingredients in a horizontal line across the middle of the rice, be minimal with the amount of filling. If you pile too many ingredients in, your roll will not close or it will burst open.
- Lift the end of the mat closest to you, while holding the filling in with your fingers, and gently roll it over the ingredients, pressing gently but firmly . Roll it forward to make a complete roll. Once you get to the end, dip your finger in water and brush the water on the end of the nori sheet to seal the roll. Finish rolling and set the roll aside. Repeat with the remaining nori sheets and fillings.
- Cut each roll into 4 to 6 slices (about 1 inch in width) using a wet, sharp knife. Best when served immediately.
- Dip in some delicious Peanut Butter Turmeric & Ginger sauce and ENJOY!