- ½ cup chia seeds (whole not ground)
- ½ cup flax seeds (whole not ground)
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup carrot juice pulp (pulp leftover from making carrot, apple and ginger juice) OR use 1 cup of packed finely shredded carrot, apple and ginger
- ½ cup Turmeric & Ginger Superkraut, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup Turmeric & Ginger Superkraut brine from jar
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Soak the chia seeds, flaxseeds and sesame seeds in the water for 20 minutes.
- Finely chop the Superkraut into small, shredded pieces.
- To the bowl with the seeds and water, add the carrot juice pulp, Superkraut, Superkraut brine from the jar, cumin and salt. Mix together until well combined. You want the mixture to be thick, gooey and holding together when mixed.
- Prepare your dehydrator trays with a mesh sheet and a non-stick sheet (teflex sheet or baking paper). You may need 2-4 dehydrator trays, depending how big your dehydrator is.
- Spread the mixture out onto the trays in a thin even layer, about 1/8 to ¼ inch thick.
- Dehydrate at 115ºF for 2 hours. Remove from the dehydrator and score into crackers or flatbread shapes.
- Place back in the dehydrator and continue to dehydrate for another 8-9 hours.
- Flip and remove the teflex sheet or baking paper and place directly on the mesh tray.
- Dehydrate for another 2-3 hours or until the crackers are thoroughly drier. The drier they are, the crispier they will be.
- Remove from the dehydrator and break the crackers apart on the score lines.
- Serve with cashew cream and a sprinkling of fresh herbs.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 20 minutes in warm water - rinsed & drained.
- 3 garlic cloves.
- Juice from 1 lemon.
- ¼ tsp salt.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender.
- You may need a little water to get the mixture to blend.
- Add in 1 tbsp at a time to blend until thick and creamy.