2 cups cooked brown rice
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup carrots (finely diced)
1/2 cup sweetcorn
1/2 cup red pepper, diced
1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1 block of Tempeh, cut into squares
Fresh parsley and coriander
Extra green onion
- To cook the Tempeh:
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a frying pan or wok on medium heat.
- Once heated, add the tempeh squares and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden and crispy.
- Add in 1/4 cup of the teriyaki sauce and gently mix it in with the tempeh (you don't want to break the tempeh up).
- Cook for a few minutes on each side until the sauce caramelises with the tempeh.
- Place tempeh on a baking tray and set aside. You can keep the tempeh warm by placing it in a pre-heated oven on a low heat until ready to serve. Or alternatively re-heat it in the pan when ready to serve.
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1" piece of ginger, minced
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cornflour (mixed with 1/4 cup cold water)
- Place balsamic vinegar, tamari, minced garlic and ginger, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a small pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in the cornflour and cold water mixture, bring back to the boil stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens up.
- Remove from the heat. The sauce will thicken more as it cools a little.