Smokey Tofu & Veg Sandwich with Chipotle Ailoli
- Sliced bread of choice (we've gone for wholemeal seeded bread)
- Smoked tofu
- Green leafy veg (spinach, kale, chard)
- Grated carrot
- Avocado slices
- Red Hot Firekraut
- Chipotle cashew aioli (recipe below)
Chipotle cashew aioli:
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked in hot water 20 mins)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chilli flakes (gives a nice Smokey spicy flavour)
- Salt + pepper
- 1/4 cup water (more or less to blend)
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Add to a blender with all other ingredients except the water and blend, adding 1 Tbsp of water at a time, until smooth and creamy.
- Lightly toast bread and let it cool completely before layering filling.
- Spread chipotle cashew aioli on both slices of bread. Lay one slice out and layer up with green leaves, Red Hot Firekraut, smoked tofu, avocado slices, grated carrot, more Red Hot Firekraut and more green leaves, top with the second slice of bread.
- Wrap tightly in baking paper and store in a container for tomorrow's lunch or slice in two and eat right away!