- 5 red peppers, thickly sliced
- 2 large carrots, cut into small pieces
- 6-7 large tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into quarters
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 litre veg broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Red Hot Firekraut
- Toasted almond flakes and pine nuts
- Lemon juice
- Place all the vegetables: red pepper, carrot, tomato, onion, garlic, onto a baking tray.
- Roast all the vegetables in a little olive oil at 180ºC for 30 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through.
- Once roasted, leave to cool a little.
- Once cooled, place the roasted vegetables and the remaining ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with pesto, toasted almond flakes, toasted pine nuts, lemon juice and Red Hot Firekraut.