Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
Serves: 4 large servings
- 1 large butternut squash, sliced
- 2-3 large handfuls of kale
- ½ cup red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 small oranges
- ¼ cup chopped pecan nuts
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- A few large forkfuls of Turmeric & Ginger Superkraut
- Hemp Orange dressing (recipe below)
- Place the butternut squash slices on a parchment lined baking tray, drizzle with a little oil, salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through and charring on the edges.
- Mix all salad ingredients together and divide between your bowls. Drizzle with hemp and orange dressing and top with an extra forkful of Turmeric & Ginger Superkraut.
Hemp Orange dressing
- ½ cup hulled hempseeds
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2-3 Tbsp of non-dairy milk (as much as needed to help the mixture blend)
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Blend all ingredients to a smooth and creamy sauce.