Chickpea 'No Tuna' Sandwich
Despite being made with chickpeas, this tastes a lot like tuna. I love the chunky texture and also how simple it is to put together. This is good with my Supergreens with Spirulina Superkraut. I call that one my one-of-a-kind live, fermented sauerkraut as I am yet to find another like it. It is made up of different super greens vegetables, many of which are prebiotic (fuel for your microbiome) as well as containing the friendly probiotic bacteria.
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 0 mins
- Total time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2-3 sandwiches
- 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped pickled baby gherkins (or 1 Tbsp capers, finely chopped)
- ¼ cup garlic cashew cream or vegan mayo
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 nori seaweed sheet, chopped up into little pieces (or 1 tsp miso paste)
- Supergreens Superkraut
- Watercress, spinach and rocket
- Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas to a large bowl.
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash the chickpeas into a flakey, chunky texture, like tuna. You could also use your food processor and pulse the chickpeas to the tuna-like texture.
- Add the finely chopped celery, spring onion, pickled gherkins and minced garlic into the bowl with the chickpeas and mix well.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as required.
- Add this chickpea tuna filling to sandwiches, wraps or salads and enjoy with a healthy fork full or two of Supergreens Superkraut.