Courgette Bread with our fermented Supergreens with Spirulina Superkraut
- 60g coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 150ml dairy free milk
- 1 cup grated courgette
- 100g gluten free flour blend
- 50g chickpea flour
- 150g ground almonds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pinch salt
Thinly sliced courgette to place in top. Served with: hummus and our delicious sauerkraut
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Once melted, add the vinegar, tahini, grated courgette, milk to the same bowl. Mix.
- In a separate bowl sift the flours, ground almonds, cumin, nutritional yeast, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix well with a whisk or fork.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix well, adding a splash more milk if it's looking too dry
- Transfer the mixture into a loaf tin lined with greased baking paper. We have laid thinly sliced courgette slices on the top.
- Bake in the oven for around 55 minutes to 1 hour until slightly risen, golden brown on the top
and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- NB: The mixture won't rise very much, the shape it goes into the tin, is pretty much the shape it will come out. This is a moist, packed but fluffy loaf.
- Once out the oven, let cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Then take out of the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack. This is important if you leave the loaf in the tin it will go soggy. Let cool completely to set up.
- Serve cold, warmed in the oven or toasted, with a lovely dollop of hummus and a large helping of our fermented Supergreens with Spirulina Superkraut. Delicious!