BBQ Cauliflower Bites
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into medium-sized florets
- 1 1/4 cup flour (you can use gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup water, more if needed
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs (again, use gluten-free if needed or a mixture of ground seeds and oats)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 1/4 cups barbecue sauce, more if needed
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with baking paper.
- To a large plate, add the breadcrumbs, and 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic, onion, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Combine well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic, onion, and salt. Now pour in the milk and water and whisk to combine well. The batter should be thick, but still pourable. If it's too thick, add a few tablespoons of water.
- Place a handful of Cauliflower in the bowl and toss to coat well. Lightly shake off excess batter of each piece and place in the breadcrumbs. Gently roll around to coat well and place on baking sheet, leaving room in between each piece. Place in the oven for 20 minutes to turn golden and crisp. Flip over pieces at the halfway mark.
- Remove from oven and brush each piece with BBQ sauce. (Brushing on rather than dipping, helps the cauliflower to stay nice and crisp) Place each piece back on your baking sheet and leave a few inches in between. Bake for another 8-10 minutes to caramelise the sauce.